The Research Institute at the Medical University of Varna (RIMU-Varna) was founded by Decree No. 80, dated 14 April 2016, of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Bulgaria.
It is mainly at RIMU-Varna where foundational, clinical, and translational research takes place. This research is carried out in the fields which are a priority for the Medical University of Varna in concordance with the national scientific priorities in the fields of medicine, dental medicine, pharmacy, health care, public health and other interdisciplinary areas. RIMU-Varna assists in utilizing and popularizing the research results for the purpose of improving human health and health care. With its noteworthy scientific work, RIMU-Varna is building the image of the Medical University of Varna as a research center of national and European significance.
The RI-MUV has 6 departments corresponding to the main scientific priorities of MUV (2021-2025):
- Department of Nutrition and Quality of life
- Department of Implant medicine and genetics
- Department of Neuroscience
- Department of Oncology and Rare Diseases
- Department of Public Health and Disease Management
- Department of Stem Cell Biology and Transplantology