University friendly admission advisers will offer you their full support during the application process. You can contact our admission team at firstname.lastname@example.org
ADMISSION CRITERIA FOR THE PROGRAMMES IN MEDICINE, DENTAL MEDICINE AND PHARMACY (ENGLISH LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION)
Prospective EU and EEA Students
Citizens of countries, which are members of the EU and EEA, can apply and study at the Medical University of Varna following the same procedures and under the same conditions applicable for Bulgarian citizens-sitting Biology and Chemistry entrance tests.
It is mandatory that the prospective EU and EEA applicants:
1) have completed upper secondary education (hold a Diploma / secondary school leaving certificate/ 3 A-level subjects), which enables them to continue their studies in higher institutions and universities in the country, in which the upper secondary education has been completed.
1.1) Applicants with diplomas issued from Bulgaria please contact us at email@example.com
for additional information.
2) have studied, completed and obtained grades in Biology and Chemistry subjects in the secondary school.
*German applicants shall refer to our Infoblatt
2.1. Applicants who have negative evaluation (failing marks) in any of the above mentioned two subjects in their secondary school (transcripts and Diploma) will not take part in the selection process.
2.2. Biology and Chemistry high school courses marked in the Diploma as optional will not be accepted.
2.3. Biology and Chemistry courses taught on a degree programme/University level or in a pre-med programme and respectively obtained grades on those subjects shall not be accepted in place of the required courses and grades on high school level.
2.4. Science subject/natural sciences/ will not be sufficient for application purposes and considered as an alternative to Biology and Chemistry subjects, unless the cases where the high school law in the relevant country does not stipulate the obligatory training in Biology and Chemistry in one subject.
* For inquiries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can assess your eligibility.
3) Applicants interested in the programmes taught in English - Medicine, Dental Medicine and Pharmacy sit the Biology and Chemistry Entry Tests in English. Those applicants who have failed any of the Entry tests will not participate in the ranking/s for admission.
4) Applicants for the Programmes with English language of instruction shall meet the English language requirements.
The applicants for the program where the language of instruction is English shall prove their English proficiency by taking an English language proficiency test administered by the Department of Foreign Languages, Communication and Sport or by providing one of the following secondary education diplomas or certificates:
- Bilingual diploma from a language school where one of the languages of instruction is English, with a matriculation examination in English (level B2 or higher)
- International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB Diploma for instruction in English)
The recognized language proficiency certificates are as follows:
- IELTS Academic (Overall Band Score 6.5) or higher
- Cambridge English in ESOL International (CPE 180 - 199, CAE grade B or C, FCE grade A 180 – 190) or higher
- TELC (The European Language Certificates, or TELC - language tests) - FCE grade A 180 – 190) or higher
- TOEFL iBT (computer-based test) – minimum score of 90
- TOEFL PBT (paper-based test) – minimum score of 577 and a grade on the Writing section of 12–13 or higher
- PTE Academic (scale from 59 to 65 or higher)
- English Speaking Board ESB (Certificate in English as a Foreign Language ESOL - Levels 2, 3)
- ECL – Level B2 (Grade B) or higher
For applicants who are citizens of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), Ireland, the United States, Australia, Canada and New Zealand, as well as for applicants who completed their secondary education in these countries, English language proficiency certification or English language proficiency test is not required. Thоse applicants shall submit a diploma high school completion in the UK, Ireland, USA, Australia, Canada (English-speaking part) and New Zealand, with a diploma grade in English language of no less than "Very good" (for applicants following the British curriculum GCSE English language (Grade 5 to 9).
Applicants, who do not have the required level of English proficiency, may enroll in a Preparatory course in English language proficiency and specialized disciplines.