Opportunities for Participation in the Program "Coordinated Research Activities of the International Atomic Energy Agency"
In relation with the widening of the mutual cooperation between Bulgaria and IAEA in the field of "Coordinated Research Activities of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) in 2017", we would like to inform you about the program and the opportunities for participation.
Within the framework of its status, annually IAEA encourages and supports research on the atomic energy for peaceful purposes throughout the world as well as its development and practical application. In the list of research activities for 2017, the Human Health Program includes projects aimed at the diagnosis and treatment of non-communicable diseases, clinical radiation oncology, etc.
The program finances both small-scale and larger research activities and projects as well as the purchase of equipment. The application programs and research areas are as follows:
- 2000010 Health Effects of Nutrition and the Environment
- 2000015 Nuclear Medicine in Diagnosis and Therapy of Non-communicable Diseases
- 2000024 Clinical Radiation Oncology
- 2000042 Biological Effects of Radiation
- 2000029 Clinical Medical Radiation Physics
General information on the announced projects can be found on the IAEA website at: http://cra.iaea.org/cra/explore-crps/all-opened-for-proposals.html, section 2.2 Human Health and at http://cra.iaea.org/cra/documents/General-Information-2016.pdf.
If you are interested in the program, please contact the team of the International Programs and Projects Department at e-mail: email@example.com or tel. +359 52/677 038
Call for Selection of Associated Partners under Procedure
BG05M2OP001-1.001 CREATION AND DEVELOPMENT OF CENTRES OF EXCELLENCE
Under Component "Industry for healthy living and biotechnology"
Under Operational Programme SCIENCE AND EDUCATION FOR SMART GROWTH
In connection with the development of a project under Operational Programme SCIENCE AND EDUCATION FOR SMART GROWTH (2014-2020), Procedure BG05M2OP001-1.001 CREATION AND DEVELOPMENT OF CENTRES OF EXCELLENCE, Component 3 "Industry for healthy living and biotechnology", Medical University "Prof. Dr. Paraskev Stoyanov" – Varna announces a Procedure for Selection of Associated Partners.
All legal entities supporting the project implementation may apply for associated partners (research institutes, universities, business organizations, enterprises, innovation clusters, scientific and technological parks, municipalities, agencies and others).
Official link to the documents related with the Procedure - https://eumis2020.government.bg/bg/s/Procedure/Info/68dcc27b-a588-48cb-8ce7-92c7607e6c06
Criteria for assessment of the candidates:
For research organisations:
- Publications in scientific journals and books referenced in SCOPUS or WoS in the last 5 years (2011-2015);
- Percentage of frequently cited publications in the last five years (2011- 2015);
- Number of ЕRC grants (European Research Council);
- Coordinative positions in projects under EU Framework Programmes and Horizon 2020 in the last five years (2011-2015).
For business organisations:
- Capacity for innovations in the last 5 years (2011 – 2015);
- Investments in the relevant scientific area applicable to the project;
- Strategy for innovations, IPR policy and rules;
- Participation in ongoing and/or completed innovation projects (national and European) in the last five years (2011-2015).
For participation in the Procedure for Selection of Associated partners and in response to the above criteria the candidates need to fill in the Application Form.
The associated partners provide the Application Form by sending it on e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org in electronic form or by courier to the following address: Varna 9002, 55 „Marin Drinov" Str. (in the Registry Office of Medical University of Varna) by 23th of December, 2016 until 17:00.
The selected associated partners will be publicly announced and invited to sign a partnership declaration for a minimum term of five years.
Third international conference on "Join Action Health Workforce Planning and Forecasting"
On 18th and 19th of February 2016 Medical University – Varna will host the third international conference on Join Action Health Workforce Planning and Forecasting funded by "Health" program of the European Commission. The event which will be held in "International" Hotel, Golden Sands resort, is under the "Planning and education of medical specialists without borders" title. At the event will participate international experts in the field of human resources in healthcare, politics, representatives of professional and sectorial organizations.
Applying for "Student internship"
In January 2016 Medical University – Varna applied for participation in BG05M20P001-2.002 "Student internship" project, funded by Operational Program "Science and education for smart growth" on priority axis "Education and lifelong learning". The goals of the procedure are:
- Increasing the quality of higher education through providing practical training of students in real working environment.
- Improving the students practical skills during their education according the needs of the labour market.
- Strengthening the bonds between the universities and the employers, building and developing partnership.
- Providing additional possibilities to the graduates for successful integration into the labour market.
The procedure for grant financial assistance is carried out by the financial support of the European Social Fund.
Applying for project "Students scholarship"
In January 2016 Medical university-Varna applied for participation for the project BG05M20P001-2.003 "Students scholarship" funded by Operational program "Science and education for smart growth" on Priority axis "Education and Lifelong learning". The procedure's objectives are:
- In terms of the needs, related to the content of the educational product, through the system of scholarships the education in different areas of the higher education, defined as priority for the country, will be stimulated.
Regarding the need to broaden the scope of the educational service, through the opportunities of the Operational program, the system of students' scholarships will receive extra resources to make studies more accessible and focus on priority areas of the economy. Special attention will be drawn to extend the opportunities for inclusion of students with disabilities in the cycle of higher education.
The procedure for grants has been funded with the support of the European Social Fund.
Submitted project idea for the realization of the project "Researchers' night"
In January 2016 Medical university-Varna for the fifth year in a row submitted a project idea for the implementation of the project "Researchers' night" in Varna. The project, funded by the research and innovation program "Horizon 2020" aims to raise awareness to the role of the researchers and to encourage the young talents to embark on the path of the scientific career.