To the Attention of International Students
at Medical University – Varna
In relation to the preparation of the launch of the new 2021/2022 academic year, and taking into account the epidemic situation, and the specifics of the training programmes at our University, and on the grounds of the applicable orders of the Minister of Health in the Republic of Bulgaria, the Academic Council of Medical University – Varna made a Decision (Protocol № 28/23.08.2021) and Order of the Rector № Р-100-567/24.08.2021 was issued, according to which:
I. The winter semester of academic year 2021/2022 for all training programmes at the University shall begin within the specified time frame, in accordance with the academic calendar approved by the Academic Council.
II. From the beginning of the winter semester of academic year 2021/2022:
1. The training process shall be conducted in attendance (face-to-face) format and in electronic environment through the use of information and communication technology in strict observance of the approved timetable of the respective training programme.
2. Lectures shall be delivered entirely in electronic environment.
3. Practical training classes/seminar exercises shall be conducted face-to-face in compliance with all anti-epidemic measures introduced by an Order of the Minister of Health applicable at the time of the training, and the coronavirus prevention measures (COVID-19). At the proposal of the Department Council/College Council, following an approval by the head of the respective main unit/Affiliate, practical classes/seminar exercises can be conducted in electronic environment in disciplines in which this is possible while guaranteeing a quality training process.
4. At the proposal of the Department Council/College Council, following an approval by the Dean/Director of the College/Affiliate/Department, it is also allowed a certain part of the practical classes in disciplines, in which practical training in an attendance format/clinical environment is of the utmost importance, to be conducted in an electronic environment. The restructuring of the teaching material and the allocation of the thematic units which shall be conducted in a face-to-face format or in electronic environment, shall be carried out at the respective Department/Training Sector, involving the lecturers in charge of training the respective discipline. The Department/Training Sector shall prepare a timetable for face-to-face training and training in electronic environment in line with the approved timetable of the training process. The timetable shall be approved by the Dean/Director of the College/Affiliate/Department, and the students that are to be trained in the respective discipline shall be notified not later than 13 September 2021. That timetable shall be entered in the planning system by the administrative assistants.
5. The training practice, pre-graduation traineeship and state examinations in all training programmes shall be conducted face-to-face in accordance with the existing possibilities and taking into account the specifics of the respective training programme, in compliance with all anti-epidemic measures, introduced by an applicable at the time of their conducting Order of the Minister of Health, and the coronavirus prevention measures (COVID-19).
6. In case of introduced anti-epidemic measures that limit the possibility of free entry/movement/residence in the territory of the country, the conduct of practical training, pre-graduation traineeship and/or a state examination can be postponed or otherwise carried out, after permission by the head of the respective main unit/|Director of the Affiliate, following a written reasoned request by the student.
We wish you a successful academic year!