APPLICATION PROCESS AND DOCUMENTS
Step 1: Complete the online application form and register for the Entry tests http://e-application.mu-varna.bg
Step 2: Prepare & sit the Entry tests
Step 3: Submit the following paper-based supporting documents along with your application:
1. Completed, printed and signed application form
2. A copy of the document for completed upper secondary education (diploma/A-levels or secondary school leaving certificate). Please note that we cannot accept the IGCSE, O-Levels or AS-Levels as an entrance qualification
3. A copy of the official transcript of all studied subjects in secondary education (high school) as well as the obtained final marks in the subjects
Applicants from the UK submit their GCSE and GCE A-level certificates, issued by one of the official examination boards in the UK. Further details are available in our FAQs. When the student applies before they have received their final GCE A-level, the official Statement of results/Result slip (issued by the college or the examination board) shall be submitted upon applying and additionally the actual certificate).
4. A document issued by an authorized body (the applicant's high school) certifying the right (eligibility) of the applicant to continue his/her education in higher institutions and universities in the country in which the latter has acquired his/her secondary education
Important! In some countries (e.g. Germany), the information in the requested documents 3 and 4 is included in the High school Diploma and applicants shall not submit the said documents (3 & 4).
5. An original medical health certificate/doctor` s letter, issued within a month before the date of application, stating that the applicant is in good physical and mental health to pursue a training course at the Medical University of Varna. The document shall contain the date of issue, GP/doctor`s name, signature and stamp of practice. Legalized and translated copy of the medical certificate will not be accepted.
(Before application, please have in mind the information from here. The information list shall not be legalized and submitted at MUV as it is not considered as an application document.)
All the above listed documents (2, 3, 4 and 5) must be legalized (attested) along with apostille stamps, translated into Bulgarian and certified in accordance with the provisions of the international treaties of the Republic of Bulgaria with the host/issuing state. In the absence of such provisions – the general procedure for legalization, translation and certification of documents and other papers is applicable.
This means: certified true copies (where applicable) by the Ministry of Education or the issuing secondary school (only for documents 2 and 3), where not applicable by a Notary Public, certified with the Apostille stamps from the Ministry of Foreign affairs - for documents 2, 3, 4, 5 and translated into Bulgarian language (as per the official requirements below).
For more information regarding the Apostille stamp and the authorities, authorized to issue Apostille, please refer to http://www.hcch.net or www.apostilleinfo.com
Copies can only be made from the original document. Copies of copies will not be accepted!
Legalized documents (documents with apostille stamps – 2, 3, 4 and 5) need to be translated into Bulgarian in one of the following two ways:
- by a consular or Diplomatic official in the country where the document is issued;
- by a translation agency authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Bulgaria (Translation offices in Bulgaria are offering this along with the translation service).
For further clarification on legalization, certification and translation into Bulgarian language of the required application documents please visit our FAQs
Note: All authentications (apostilles and seals) must be original (wet stamps and seals are required on the application documents), which are to be submitted at Medical University of Varna. Photocopies of legalized documents will not be accepted!
6. A copy of the valid ID / international passport of the applicant (only those pages with the photo and data)
7. Five recently-taken color photos /passport size/
8. If the name of the applicant on any of the application documents (high-school diploma or higher education eligibility letter) differs from the name in applicant`s passport, a document confirming the change of the name/s – name affidavit (legalized and translated into Bulgarian as per the above described order) must be submitted along with the rest of required application documents.
9. Two simple photocopies of the required application documents (from 2 to 4 incl.).
Application documents of the interested prospective students are submitted:
- personally to the MUV Office of Admissions
- by an authorized representative of the applicant (in this case, an official power of attorney is required; the latter must be legalized and officially translated into Bulgarian language in the above described order)
- sent by post to the Office of Admissions not later than the stated deadline - September 10.
Our mailing address is:
Office of Admissions
Medical University "Prof. Dr. Paraskev Stoyanov" - Varna
55 "Marin Drinov" Street
9002 Varna, Bulgaria
We advise interested candidates to apply and submit the whole set of paper-based application documents as early as possible!
The application process involves verification of secondary school diploma and credentials by the Local Directorate of Bulgarian Ministry of Education. For further details, please refer to FAQs
Application documents (legalized and translated into Bulgarian language) are returned to the applicants who were not accepted or withdrawn/cancelled their application to MUV upon their written request and within one year after their application date at MUV. Applicants are responsible for collecting the application documents back or covering the postage!
N.B! Accepted students cannot defer the beginning of their studies for the following year/intake as the application and the admission are for the particular academic year (the academic year you applied for).
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU
If you need more information in any step of your application process, our friendly admission counselors would gladly take your inquiries by e-mail or you could give us a call!
AFTER YOU APPLY
The applicants` results from the Biology and Chemistry entry tests along with the obtained final grades in Biology and Chemistry from high school studies/Diploma/certificates will be considered in the final ranking/s of applicants for admission place. The higher grades – the better chances for admission! As MU-Varna receives annually more applications than we can admit, you need to be as competitive as possible in our applicant pool.
Important! Only applicants who have submitted the whole set of the required paper-based application documents (legalized and translated into Bulgarian language as per our requirements) – would be included in the final ranking/s of the applicants!
Applicants, who meet the Entry requirements (including the English language requirements) and passed the Entry tests successfully, compete with one another on the base of their ranking score in the ranking/s for the places that are available for the relevant program. The ranking score is calculated as follows:
- Biology and Chemistry matriculation grades (if any). In absence of matriculation grades on those subject/s, the high school Diploma grades
- Biology and Chemistry Entry tests results multiplied by two
The possible maximum ranking score is 36.
For further details, please refer to FAQs
Upon completing of the application process, applications will be evaluated and the admission decision will be communicated with the candidates in a due course via an e-mail/letter. The application status could be also tracked through our online application system.