The Department of Pediatrics and Medical Genetics is managed by the Head and the Department Council.
Present head is Assoc.Prof. Dr. Valeriya Ignatova Kaleva.
The Department Council consists of the members of the academic staff of the Department who are on a full-time employment contract.
Structural directions, consistent with the management model of MU-Varna, have been formulated at the Department. They are headed by the following members of the Department Council:
1. Academic Affairs
1.1. Students - Bulgarian Language Training - Assoc.Prof. Dr. L. Marinov, PhD
1.2. Students - English Language Training - Prof. Dr. V. Yotova, DSc
1.3. Trainees – Assoc..Prof. Dr. D. Bliznakova, PhD, Dr. M. Belcheva, Dr. I. Hristov
2. Research Activities - Prof. Dr. V. Yotova, DSc
3. Postgraduate Training - Assoc.Prof. Dr. B.Varbanova,PhD, Assoc.Prof. Dr. M. Georgieva, PhD
4. Administrative Activities and Protocol - Dr. V. Boyadziev, Dr. S. Galcheva, PhD
5. Therapeutic and Diagnostic Activities - Dr. M. Zheleva, Dr. V. Stoyanov, Dr. M. Galabova.
6. Relations with the Bulgarian Pediatric Association - Assoc.Prof. Dr. I. Galabov, PhD
7. Public Relations – Assoc. Prof. M. Georgieva.